Plainfield Public Library is accepting applications for a part-time Library Assistant.
An application form/Job description is available at the library or linked below.
Applications/Resume must be submitted on or before September 28, 2020.
Plainfield Library 126 South Main St. PO Box 305 Plainfield, WI 54966
Library Assistant I
Part-Time 17 Hours/ week
Typical Responsibilities of Position:
Under supervision of the Library Director, performs clerical and paraprofessional library work as required. Troubleshoots computer applications and technical issues.
1. Route in, check, and maintain records of rotating collections. Follow up on missing items from rotating collections before routing on.
2. Clean “holds shelf” on a weekly basis.
3. Assists patrons on public computer stations with internet research, email, and various software applications.
4. Using monthly “renewed patrons” report, verify accuracy of each patron’s township.
5. Assist with library programs and displays, Summer Library Program, seasonal displays etc.
6. Special projects such as: assisting with weeding, annual periodical shifting, barcoding by copying bibliographic records, etc.
7. Cover Library Director’s responsibilities when director is on vacation, including requesting ILL items and troubleshooting computer tech issues.
8. Responsible for social network.
9. Other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patrons.
2. Ability to follow detailed directions.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality of library patron information.
4. Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work, respond to varied/changing work demands and make decisions as required.
5. Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationship with the public, peers and supervisors.
6. Keyboarding and alpha-numeric filing ability.
7. Willingness to maintain skills in above-mentioned areas through participation in appropriate continuing educations activities.
8. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Audiovisual equipment, book truck, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, library automation system, computers, typewriter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or equivalent, as demonstrated by prior work experience or documented accomplishments.
2. Keyboarding and general office experience.
3. Some previous library experience.